Here's a tutorial on how to use our pom-pom makers:
2. Open one side of your pom-pom maker, holding the two layers together.
3. Wind yarn around the selected half of your pom-pom maker, keeping your yarn taught.
4. Cover this half of your pom-pom maker evenly.
5. Continue until you've covered your segment completely, in a thick, fat coating of yarn. Don't put so much on that you can't close the pom-pom maker again, but enough that you'll have a plump pom-pom. Trial and error might be required!
6. Now start on the other side.
7. Once you're happy your sides approximately match, push both segments together as shown above.8. Holding the segments together, start snipping the yarn bundle around the edge.
10. Take a separate length of yarn and tie it around the middle of your pom pom maker, where you have just been snipping. Tie a tight knot to secure it completely - your pom-pom will fall apart without this!
11. Here is the clever bit. Ease the plastic segments (the bits you wrapped the yarn around), out of your pom-pom by gently tugging one side. Then pull the two halves of your pom-pom maker apart from one another - there is a pin in the middle that holds them together.
12. Trim any wayward strands away from your completed pom-pom!
Photography courtesy of Fiona Murray.
Berylune, 45 Park Street, Leamington Spa CV32 4QN. www.berylune.co.uk
Shop - Craft Classes - Studio